The BIM (Building Information Modeling) methodology has meant a paradigm shift in asset management, in all its phases from design and construction to operation, being essential to optimize efficiency and not lose competitiveness.
Digitization involves a transformation of the way of projecting, designing, operating and maintaining the assets of an organization, providing multiple benefits that are obtained from this transformation, such as, for example:
- Information management for decision making.
- Optimization and efficiency in assets.
- Procedure management.
To be able to implement the necessary tools in asset management 4.0, such as Digital Twins, Simulations, Predictive, Virtual and Augmented Reality, etc. It is essential to digitize the assets, and this is where BIM acts as a catalyst to have a level of digitization that allows us to benefit from all these applications.
The advantages of digitization compared to the traditional way of managing assets lie mainly in having the precise geometric representation of all asset components with their data in a digital, integrated and coherent environment that allows greater control of the information and its subsequent exploitation in the maintenance and operation phases, generating multiple benefits:
- Savings in costs and execution time.
- Improved detection of interferences and errors.
- Increases transparency by allowing information sharing and real-time collaboration among all.
- Easily integrated with all 4.0 technologies.
- It is configured as the database of the entire history of the asset, from design, through construction and up to its operation.
IDP has developed this BIM Starter Kit. This solution consists of a quick start consultancy in BIM, ranging from the methodology, through technology and ending with people, and is developed in the following four phases: