IDP Group has completed the BIM Engineering project for the construction of the new Clinker Plant at the Chimborazo Cement Factory for UCEM (Unión Cementera Nacional), at the request of the Sacyr-Imasa consortium, with an investment of 150 million euros.
Unión Cementera Nacional, UCEM C.E.M. is a national cement industry located 14 km east of the city of Riobamba, approximately 190 km from the city of Quito, capital of the Republic of Ecuador.
Clinker’s new line is part of Cementera Chimborazo’s existing cement plant. It has a production capacity of 2,600 tons per day and 30,000 tons of storage.
The new Clinker Plant is divided into ten zones, which are:
- Zone 100: Crushing of Raw Materials.
- Zone 200: Reception, storage and feeding of raw materials.
- Zone 300: Crude grinding.
- Zone 400: Homogenization Silo and oven feeding.
- Zone 500: Pyroprocess.
- Zone 600: Transport and storage of Clinker.
- Zone 700: Auxiliary systems.
- Zone 800: Substation, electrical rooms and automation.
- Zone 900: Common infrastructure.
- Zone 1000: Petcoke Mill.
This new plant allows to strengthen the national cement industry and to reflect in the market a greater capacity of production and sale.
IDP consolidates its experience in the development of industrial plants through the use of BIM technology, where it is currently developing a considerable number of national and international projects.