IDP obtains the Breeam certificate for the logistic park of Segro in Martorelles
The IDP Group has completed the sustainability consultancy for SEGRO’s new logistics park in Martorelles, obtaining the certificate with the BREEAM® ES Nueva Construcción 2015 seal, with the classification Very Good.
SEGRO is a leading company, a benchmark in asset management and the development of modern industrial storage facilities that currently manages 6 million square meters of space. The properties are located in large urban areas and key transport hubs in ten European countries, mainly in the UK, Germany, France and Poland, serving clients in a wide range of industrial sectors.
IDP ends its participation in the action, where it has developed the integral project (architectural, structures, installations and logistical process), the construction management and the start-up, acting on a plot of 31,121 m2, on which the new 19,368 m2 platform has been built.
BREEAM® (Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method) is a method for assessing and certifying the sustainability of building, widely recognized internationally. Since its launch in 1990, BREEAM has certified more than 270,000 buildings and, currently, it is present in more than 63 countries around the world. Regardless of their location, the common denominator of these buildings is their planning, design, construction and operation in accordance with the principles of best sustainability practices.
Thanks to the consultancy provided by IDP’s sustainability technicians:
- The energy efficiency of the building has been optimized through a thorough analysis of the building envelope, equipment and low-carbon technologies.
- Energy consumption has been reduced by 54% compared to the conventional building thanks to the use of renewable energies and a control of consumption through a building management system (BMS or Building Management Software).
- Its design allows to reduce CO2 emissions by 70%.
- Water consumption has been reduced by 92% compared to the conventional building.
- An Indoor Air Quality Control and Prevention Plan (PPCAI) has been drawn up.
- Consumption control has been incorporated through a building management system (BMS or Building Management Software).
- More than 95% of the construction and demolition waste generated has been recycled or recovered, and priority has been given to materials that have been procured responsibly.
- The ecology of the site has been improved by incorporating autochthonous vegetation with no water needed beyond rainwater.
IDP is an entity recognized by BREEAM® to carry out building sustainability assessments and advice. The evaluations are verified by the BREEAM® certification body and our consultants have undergone specific training in accordance with EN-17024.