The CircThread project, “Building the Digital Thread for Circular Economy Product, Resource & Service Management” funded by the EU and framed in the call “H2020-LOW-CARBON-CIRCULAR-INDUSTRIES-2020”, of the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Framework Program.
Budget: 9,8 million euros
Duration: 48 months
CircThread , has the main objective of unblocking access to product data and enhance them as information for decision-making by all the actors involved in the life cycle of products, accelerating circularity and reducing carbon emissions.
CircThread will provide a methodology and framework to facilitate the exchange of information flows, governed by safe and reliable management standards, throughout the chain of the extended life cycle of products, components, their materials and chemicals, and information related to circularity, the environment, society and the economy.
The project will create a data system on a cloud-based platform and will be implemented in 3 demonstration clusters in Italy, Slovenia, and Spain, spread across the entire life cycle chain of household appliances (including washing machines and dishwashers) and energy systems (including boilers, photovoltaic systems and batteries) to test 7 use cases of circularity and associated business models.
- Fundación Cartif, IDP Ingeniería y Arquitectura Iberia SLU, Cegasa Energía SLU, Atos Spain Sa, Onyx Solar Energy SL, Comet Gesinco SL, Reydesa SL, Ocu Ediciones Sa, Mondragon Corporación Cooperativa Scoop, Mondragon Assembly Sociedad Cooperativa (Spain)
- Ekodenge Muhendislik Mimarlik Danismanlik Ticaret Anonim Sirketi, Sabanci Dijital Teknoloji Hizmetleri As (Turkey)
- Sistrade – Software Consulting SA, Inesc Tec – Instituto de Engenhariade Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciencia (Portugal)
- Ecowise Ekodenge Limited, Sofies Uk Consulting Limited (UK)
- Skylabs Vesoljske Tehnologije Doo, Surovina Druzba Za Predelavo Odpadkov Doo, Gorenje Gospodinjski Aparati Doo (Slovenia)
- BSH Elettrodomestici S.P.A, Ente Nazionale Italiano Di Unificazione-Uni, Altroconsumo Edizioni SRL (Italy)
- European Environmental Citizens Organisation For Standardisation, Waste of Electrical and Electronical Equipment Forum Aisbl (Belgium)
- Octopussy Agence pour la Creation et la Diffusion D’activites Culturelles Artistiques Technologiques Scientifiques (France)
- Irish Manufacturing Research Company Limited by Guarantee (Ireland)
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum Fur Kunstliche Intelligenz Gmbh (Germany)
- Software Imagination & Vision SRL (Romania)
- Aarhus Universitet (Denmark)
- Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (Swiss)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 programme under Grant Agreement No. 958448