SMART URBAN Project
The Smart Urban project aims to transform the current management of cities into a more efficient model through the intensive use of TIC technologies.
IDP has been distinguished by the World e-Governments Organization of Cities and Local Governments (WeGo), which brings together the most important cities in the world (Seoul, Barcelona, Paris, Frankfurt, San Francisco, São Paulo, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi, etc.) with the first prize in the category of Urban Management as a world leader in the field of smart cities.
Specifically, the project transforms the current management of cities into an efficient model through the intensive use of information and communication technologies (TIC).
The project is cross-cutting and is structured around 5 main lines of action:
- Environment (waste management, water cycle, environmental parameters).
- Mobility (active management of traffic, public transport and parking. Promotion of electric vehicles).
- Energy efficiency (smart grid, smart building, efficient public lighting).
- Competitividad (co-working, tele-trabajo, e-learning, e-commerce).
- Quality of life (tele-assistance, tele-medicine, public security and civil protection).