IDP invests in new 3D laser scanner equipment for point cloud survey
IDP has acquired new 3D laser scanning equipment to improve the quality and speed of asset digitization processes, whether in industry, buildings or infrastructure.
Today, laser scanning is the most appropriate technology for the task of producing, at a commercially viable cost, a precise basis for modeling the built environment and offers the following advantages over other measurement techniques:
- Fast data collection, saving money and time.
- Millimetric accuracy in measurements.
- Quality and level of detail that provides information with a unique level.
- Efficiency by avoiding additional measurements or verification.
- Versatility as it can be adapted to all types of terrain and greater range in working hours, as it is not affected by luminosity.
Currently, the laser scanner is one of the best systems for mass data acquisition capable of faithfully reproducing reality and is the most effective for its speed and high accuracy, becoming one of the best tools for creating clouds of points suitable for implementation in a BIM environment and the subsequent construction of the Digital Twin of the asset.